Skyline Meets Coastline (2+ miles)
A simple and lovely city run, this two-plus-mile loop is both low in elevation and conveniently located near some great after-run treat shops. Plus, there’s ample parking. Be sure to stop for a hot minute to catch your breath at China Basin Park, and bring your pup for playtime at Mission Bay Dog Park.
- Beginning at Mission Creek Garden, take the trail leading out of the recreational area and follow it until you hit Fouth St.
- Veer left back onto Channel St.
- Turn left onto Third St. and cross the awesome drawbridge.
- Turn right onto the wide, paved trail where; follow this for the better part of a mile.
- Snake through the trail at The Mission Bay Dog Park (on your lefthand side on Berry St.).
- Keep on the trail, passing under Highway 280, and find yourself back at Mission Creek Garden.
- Practice being conscious of your breathing patterns while on this run. No headphones.
- At 2.25 miles, this is a great route for doing looping/time-trial paces.
- Take this route in the evening hours to ensure easy parking and sunset sky over the waterfront.